I've had confirmation that various Cornwall Council officers will meet me to tour the Launceston Central ward on Monday morning to look at problems with traffic, parking and other roads issues.
The officers coming along will include Steve Allen, the regional highways manager and Mark O'Brien the Community Network Manager (sorry if the job titles are not exactly correct, I'm still learning them).
Among the problems that I want to take them to see are:
- the disused advertising hoardings on Western Road;
- traffic problems on Moorland Road including outside St Catherines School and the Police Station. This road is meant to be a 20mph zone but there is little to enforce this limit;
- the severe congestion and danger on Dutson Road;
- the lack of adequate crossing facilities on St Thomas Road;
- the need for some form of link road between Kensey Valley Meadow and Newport to enable traffic to bypass the town centre.
If you have any other thoughts about problems in the local area, please let me know in the comments field or email firstname.lastname@example.org